Monday 31 March 2014

Shame on you Virgin Media

So my television went on the blink last week and I arranged for an engineer to come out the following weekend. I arrived home on Friday to be met by a very distressed June who informed me the phone rang and a "computerised voice" from Virgin Media confused her and asked her to press buttons.

Now, June suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and cannot turn the heating on and off or even the television so I understand why this was such a trial for her. I immediately rang Virgin Media only to be told June had cancelled the appointment! I explained her condition and asked why they had phoned in the first place and tried to arrange something so this would not happen again. VM were most unhelpful to say the least and when I suggested that their system needs reviewing they became even more rude.

It is not just the hundreds of thousands of dementia sufferers that could fall foul of automated calls but also children and a whole host of other minorities. I asked VM to remove my landline number and replace it with my mobile as I only use the landline to ring June and refer all other callers to my mobile - VM refused!

I paid for a television repairer to come out and sort the problem but shame on Virgin Media for their lack of understanding

No comments: